Thursday, October 18, 2012

SO Close!

I knew this time would come...the time when Josh's homecoming is close, but not close enough. Time drags! I've been trying not to think about it so time won't go by so slow but that's easier said than done. We have about a month left (can't say any more due to OPSEC). I remember from our last deployment how slow that last month went by. It's painful, but so exciting at the same time!

I've also been doing a ton of planning for the month of November. I need to get oil changes, cars cleaned, house decorated, weekly menus planned, etc. I know Josh won't care about all that stuff, but I do. I want him to come home to a clean, comfortable house with his two favorite things - meat and beer. :)

I've also been doing a lot of thinking (maybe a bit negatively) about how Josh will be when he returns. It's hard to imagine being in his situation...seeing the things he's seen, killing, trying to stay alive...etc. It's something none of us will ever know (unless you've been in a war zone). Of course I've been told that things can and probably will be different. I understand this...but it still worries me. I guess my job as a wife is to be loving, understanding, and there for him no matter what. I think it will be fine, especially if we're both willing to work through any struggles that might come along with this deployment.

With that said, I'm incredibly excited to be hugging my husband VERY soon and plastering a slobbery kiss on his lips. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment