Monday, December 3, 2012

Homecoming

So I realize that I've been off the radar for a few weeks, but I have a good excuse. Josh came home!! The few weeks leading up to his homecoming were pure torture. Time dragged. I tried to keep myself occupied and not think about it too much so time would go by faster. Yeah....that didn't work :).

Fast forward to his homecoming. His mom drove in the day before. Unfortunately his dad wasn't able to make it due to a a pretty bad sickness. I worked the morning of his homecoming and took the afternoon off to get ready. It's such a weird feeling knowing that you'll see your husband in a few hours after not seeing him in 9 months!

We got ready and headed to the Special Events Center, where the homecoming was held. It was packed! We got there an hour early and still had trouble finding seats. Thankfully that hour wasn't terrible. There was enough going on to keep us interested. They had a large screen showing the guys walk off the plane (from earlier that day). It was so much fun seeing Josh and knowing he was so close.

Fast forward an hour—thankfully they were right on time! The guys marched in (see video posted), stood for 3-5 minutes and were released. Thank God it was so short! It took me a good minute to find Josh....actually, he found me. There were so many people (half of them looking the exact same) that it was almost impossible to find each other. The pictures below will tell the rest of the story, but let's just say I'm a pretty happy girl :).





















2 comments:

  1. Hello Alyssa,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

    I look forward to hearing from you,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete