Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Switch of Pace

I haven't blogged about the Army in while. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've (intentionally) kept that word out of my writing since I got my husband back from Afhanistan. Sometimes it's nice just to be normal...or pretent like we're normal. In reality, we're not but these past few months have been about as normal as it gets for us! Speaking of normal, as I write this Josh is staying about 15 miles away from me. No cell phone service and we don't get to see eachother for three weeks. That's OUR normal!

All this to say, I was thinking about my life as an Army wife. I was thinking about the friendships I've made and how I often approach friendships without even knowing I'm doing it. I make more friends than the average person. But I also think that I have a harder time gaining true, strong frienships than the average person. I've been so blessed with the friends I have here in Colorado Springs, but something in the back of my head knows that they'll eventually move or I will. It's the Army life. Knowing that, I find myself not allowing myself to get too close to most people.

On the flip side, I've been so blessed to come in contact with so many wonderful people. Again, I think that due to my life, I come in contact with more people than the average person. I also am able to connect with these people easier because we share a bond (the military lifestyle). Just like anything in life, if you don't go through something yourself, it's difficult for you to understand. That's why I'm so thankful for my military friends who understand my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment