Tuesday, December 24, 2013

All I want for Christmas is...

Some good friends of our just had a sweet, little baby boy - 5 days before Christmas. As I looked at him, I began to tear up a little...both because I'm happy for their joy and I can't wait to understand what that joy feels like. As much as I'd like to say that I'm completely a selfless person and am always happy, it's not true. I struggle with an inward fight all the time. I struggle between genuinely being happy for someone while being completely jealous at the same time.

We didn't get a child this year but that's ok. We've been so blessed in every other aspect of our lives. I truely feel that we will someday be blessed with children. I just don't know how we'll get there. In the meantime, I'm working on relaxing a bit and trying to enjoy the simplicity of life. Thankfully I have a husband who forgives my complete irrationality and continues to love me through it. We recently were able to take a mini vacation to Mt Princeton Hot Springs Resort. I think I was able to relax and forget about my to-do-list for a few hours. :) That's a joke. I can never completely relax. Here are some pictures from our adventure.






No comments:

Post a Comment