Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Kitchen....under $500

I've always dreamed about renovating our house. It was built in 2001 and you can tell. Oak cabinets, oak doors, brass door knobs... Unfortunately time is not on my side. Josh and I are often gone 12 hours a day and are exhausted by the time we get home.

We've wanted to redo our kitchen since we moved into our home in March. But with the lack of time and money, we kept putting it off. Josh finally decided that the kitchen project was going to be done while he was on leave. I fought him, not wanting to dish out the money or the time. Now I'm happy he put his foot down on this one :).

He spent long hours (and I helped when I wasn't working) refinishing the cabinets, adding knobs, and installing a new sink. The light fixtures had been done a few months ago. Altogether, this kitchen project cost us about $500. Below are the before and after pictures. I'm so happy and actually enjoy being in my kitchen now!
                                
 Before with old light fixtures

  Before with new light fixtures


After  



No comments:

Post a Comment