Friday, February 11, 2011

Crafts, Crafts, and DIGITAL Scrapbooking!

I never knew that something as trivial as scrapbooking could get me so excited!  I'm afraid to admit it, but I even had a dream (well...many dreams) about it last night.  I love crafts.  I find it ironic that as much as I fought my mom trying to get me to like crafts as a kid, that I grew up enjoying exactly what I hated.  Now that I think back, it wasn't that I actually disliked crafts, it was that I disliked doing what my mom desired me to do.  Sorry mom :(.
All that to say, I stumbled across DIGITAL scrapbooking the other day.  I am a designer (or at least try to be), and was thrilled to find out that I could combine my love for crafts as well as my love for the computer.  Some of these digital scrapbooking kits are incredible.  Here's a look at one:
I've been wanting to scrapbook my wedding pictures for a while.  With these resources, it will be so easy to make a digital scrapbook.  Don't get me wrong, I am in no way turning my back on the original scrapbooking method.  I still plan on creating my wedding album this way as well.
After spending hours perusing through some amazing designs, I decided that I was going to start designing my own scrapbook materials.  Why not?  I have a degree in graphic design - it shouldn't be that hard right?  We'll see.....
Also, feel free to check out my website.  It's still a work in progress, but something is better than nothing, right?  www.designbyalyssa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment