Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Proofreading

I have a problem.  It's called proofreading.  I proofread everything - from magazines to facebook to personal emails.  It has become somewhat of a personal downfall.  I find myself getting high and mighty and often wondering why certain people do not know how to use an apostrophe or the correct form of they're.  I think I'd probably be mortified if I went back and read some of my emails or facebook posts.  I know that I'm not grammatically perfect and make the same mistakes that everyone else does.

I'm a Technical Writer and recently bought an amazing book.  It explains how to write for engineers and scientists but also reviews all the writing techniques we learned back in 5th grade. If you're ever in for some FUN reading, you should check it out!



1 comment:

  1. You used to be so hip and chic (back a few minutes ago when I read you were moving to a downtown Victorian). Now you seem nerdy and anal. Do you think you should post that you read "Technical Writing for Engineers and Scientists" on the world wide web for all to read? You should keep such embarrassingly private information to yourself and remain hip and chic.

    ReplyDelete