Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

As much as I cringe at spontaneity, Saturday actually ended up being surprisingly fun.  We really had no plans which was kind of nice!  Josh and I got up and went to Monument Park for a four mile run.  We then went to American Furniture Warehouse and bought couches (ouch!).  I'm not sure we needed to spend as much on them as we did (Dave Ramsey probably wouldn't be too happy about the purchase).  As we were driving home, Josh decided that we should go to the zoo.  We figured after living in the springs for a year, we should go check it out.

It's in a beautiful area snuggled in the side of a mountain (thus the name).  I quickly forgot about the beautiful area when we arrived to pay for our tickets.  $17.00/person??  Really?  Thankfully, our military discount helped but not by much!  While I lived in St. Louis, the zoo was free and in Albuquerque it's on a few bucks.  I've never been to a zoo that cost so much for admission.  Anyway, I digress.

Besides the cost, it was probably the nicest zoo I've ever been to.  There were lots of opportunities to pet animals.  The giraffe exhibit was probably my favorite.  Apparently it's the largest giraffe exhibit in the U.S.  Check out the picture below of me petting one.

 Josh checking out the giraffes
 Do you see the little animal on my shoulder (photography by my clever husband)



No comments:

Post a Comment