Wednesday, October 5, 2011

5k Mud Run

September was a busy month....with very little time for blogging.  I'll give a fast re-run of the month, but more importantly, talk about a mud run I did (yes, the run even trumps our vacation).  As everyone already knows, we moved into our house at the beginning of September.  I would just like to add that we've only been here for a month now and I've already locked myself out of the house twice....TWICE, I tell you.  The last time I did it, I waited outside for three hours until Josh came home. I had a lot of thinking time in those three house (most of which I spent deciding where I was going to hide our extra key).

Josh and I traveled to Naples, Florida and the Florida Keys for our one year anniversary.  We were accompanied by some friends who also were celebrating their one year anniversary.  Between swamp tours, alligators, manatees, and sunburns, we had a great time. I think our friends finally realized how old (lame) Josh and I really are.  Even on vacation, we still managed to be in bed by 10 p.m. most nights.  I snagged some alone time with Josh one morning when we ran 2 miles to the beach and picked up a cup of coffee on our run home.  I'm not going to lie, I crave these times with Josh especially now that deployment is creeping up on us.

On a more melancholy note, my grandmother passed away the day before we left for vacation.  I was blessed to have seen her only a few months earlier.  I am also so grateful that I left with such happy memories of her.  We didn't do much together - just talked a little and played some games - but I'm thankful that she was so bright and cheery for the little time that I was there.  She will be missed, but I'm happy knowing that she is in eternity with God.  One of my favorite verses is Rev 21:4. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

At the end of September I ran a 5k mud run.  I was on a team with a few other army wives.  I'm only writing about this so that I can post pictures, more than anything.  I'm proud of my army crawl through the mud leaving me dirty from head to toe.  The course was a pretty easy run (some uphill) with about 10 obstacle courses.  These courses ranged from wall climbs to mud pits.  Why did I pay $65 to get dirty?  I'm not really sure, but it was worth it!

Pictures from the Mud Run:




Josh and I on the pier in Naples:




No comments:

Post a Comment