Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

“We remember those who were called upon to give all a person can give, and we remember those who were prepared to make that sacrifice if it were demanded of them in the line of duty, though it never was. Most of all, we remember the devotion and gallantry with which all of them ennobled their nation as they became champions of a noble cause.”
-Ronald Reagan


Today is Veteran's Day. I am so thankful for all the veterans who have previously served or are currently serving our country.  I am so proud to be married to a hard working, loyal, soldier.  I respect his love and duty for his country...even though I curse it at times :).  


Being a military wife comes with its ups and downs.  Today, I won't get to see or even talk to my husband on the phone.  He is in Louisiana for a month training for deployment and phone calls are few and far between.  It's days like today that make me extra proud of him.  We are celebrating a day to remember our soldiers....soldiers just like him who are working sun up to sun down today while we are enjoying the sweet taste of freedom.


Some pictures of Josh's homecoming last year:









No comments:

Post a Comment