Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Job 1:21

Something strange happened the other day. I was lying in bed about to go to sleep and the verse, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord" popped into my head. I had talked to Josh earlier that day and he told me he was going on a mission. As soon as this verse popped into my head, I became upset. I can't really describe the feeling but it was some worry and some fear. It is a wonderful verse, but the last thing I wanted to think about was the Lord taking away when my husband was out on a mission.

Come to find out, around that exact time that this verse popped into my head, Josh was in a fire fight. He hasn't given me details, but I know it was bad because he was very close to a RPG (rocket propelled grenade) and he came out with a concussion. He also said that he made his peace with dying that day. He should have died more than once, but God let him walk away from it. I am so eternally grateful for this.

I'm not sure why God placed that verse in my head. Maybe it was to let me know that He was in control and no matter what, His will is best. Maybe it was to tell me that I need to bless His name no matter what the situation. Maybe it was to remind me that He chose to give Josh his life that day. I'm not sure why, but I am so grateful that God was watching over Josh throughout that entire fire fight.

With that said, I'm going to try to talk my husband into becoming an accountant :).

No comments:

Post a Comment