Sunday, June 3, 2012

Optomism

I have lots to do tonight—homework, walk Zoey, clean the kitchen....I think I'll blog instead :). Actually, this was on my to-do list since my list of loyal followers probably want a recent update (and by list, I mean my husband).

I realize that all I've talked about the last few months is deployment, but that's all I know right now. It's all I care about. So here comes another deployment blog post.

I've asked myself many times if this deployment or my first one was harder. I'm definitely going with this one. Although we are blessed to only have nine months of deployment as opposed to a year, it's been emotionally harder on me because Josh is in a much more dangerous place. I find myself in constant worry and fear. I completely trust God and have faith in Him, but it doesn't mean that I'm not human either. I'm so blessed to have a husband that makes a huge effort to contact me as much as he can (even when he's tired, stressed, or however busy he is). I'm thankful that he's able to separate his job from his relationship with his wife. I'm thankful that he's able to provide us with enough money that I can get my master's degree. I am more than blessed.

No matter where we are or what we're doing, we never know what God's plan is for us. He could take any of us at any time. I will continue to pray for Josh's safety and trust in God. Even though this is a sucky situation, I'm thankful for the opportunity to grow in my relationship with God and with my husband. Sometimes you need to strive for optimism even in the worst of situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment