Thursday, September 6, 2012

Marathon Training

So my marathon is a frightening three weeks away. To be honest, I'm not really sure if I'm ready. Sometimes I think I am...and then I second guess myself. My longest run was 18 miles. According to everything I've read (which is a massive amount of material), you don't need to run any more than 18-20 miles in order to prepare for a marathon. The last month before the marathon you are supposed to start tapering your runs. Last weekend I ran a half marathon. It was a pretty slow pace (I was running with a friend who wasn't as prepared as I was). I felt really good at the end of the half marathon except for some tight muscles.

This month I'm working on running shorter distances in a faster time. You'll be more prepared if you strengthen yourself than if you try to run long distances. If I survive this race, I'll definitely post about it. I'm excited/nervous! I'm sad that Josh can't be there for me, but my good friend Karen is coming along to cheer me on.

And lastly, I can't wait to have a little bit more time to myself. Training for a marathon takes up a huge amount of time!

One last thing...I miss my hubby terribly. I find myself thinking more and more about his homecoming the closer it gets. Three months people!

No comments:

Post a Comment