Monday, April 8, 2013

1/2 Marathon + Birthday = Great Sunday!

So yesterday was the first birthday I've been able to celebrate with Josh since we met. Crazy! Four years in a row, I've celebrated without that man! It was exciting to actually have a birthday with him home. We started the day off early. I had a half marathon in Denver that morning so we had to leave early enough to drive there and pick up our packets. Most people think I'm crazy for spending a good portion of my birthday running. I love it! Races are fun for me. And it was even better to have my husband waiting for me at the finish line this time! Again, he's been gone for most of my races too (thank you Army).

I also PR'd in this race! I'll be the first to admit...I'm a slow runner. The fastest I've ever run a half marathon is 2:30. I ran this one in 2:16! wahoo! It was a great feeling...especially knowing that the older I get, the faster I'm getting. Age is nothing folks! Why do so many people complain about it? Kidding...kidding.

We ate lunch on a rooftop patio in Denver. It was a gorgeous day! The rest of the afternoon we spent lounging (my choice). Cuddling on the couch with my husband is one of my all time favorite things to do. :)

Pre-Race


 Post-Race


No comments:

Post a Comment