Sunday, March 16, 2014

Decisions....

So here we are again...making decisions. I hate this part. I wish these things were easy. I wish that God would just send me an email and tell me what decision is best for us. :)

I had another IVF consult with my doctor. Looks like we're going through with this thing! I'm excited but nervous. It's a lot of money not to work. I came out of that appointment a bit defeated though. My doctor asked me how much coffee I drink a day. I said 3 cups. Later, after calculating the coffee I drink, I realized it's more like 5 cups. Yikes! He told me that I could only have one cup a day and it would be best to have no cups. I've been wanting to wean my drinking habbits for a while, so there's no time to start like now! << Did that sentence just make me sound like an alcoholic? :)

The worst part is that he told me not to run my May half marathon. If you're a runner, you'll realize how hard this is. Running is also my stress reliever while Josh is deployed. So neeless to say, I was disappointed. Thankfully, I can still work out and run....just nothing strenuous.

Now for the decisions part - we have to decide whether we are going to insert one embryo or two. My doctor suggests one based on my age and health. I would love that...if it worked. But putting only one embryo in makes me nervous. For the money we're paying, I would feel better putting in two since the chance seems better. But then you have the risk of a harder pregnancy and a possible early birth. We're still not sure what we're going to do. Lots of prayers and hoping we get a clear answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment