Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dad's Surprise 60th Birthday

So a couple months ago, some of my family members had this grand idea of throwing my dad a surprise birthday party. It wasn't just any birthday. This one was his 60th. So the girls got together and began planning. You have to udnerstand that our family never was into birthdays. We never threw parties and never had surprises. So to do this was somthing new. There were a couple things that concerned us a bit. First, my dad does not like attention....at all. So to throw a surprise birthday for him, where he would be the center of attention, was a bit of a gamble. Second, my mom can not keep a secret. Ever. So to bring her into this situation was also...a gamble.

Fast forward to the surprise party. I drove down from Colorado and Jared and Mindy drove from Texas (unfortunately, Sam and Karen couldn't make it). We spent all day Saturday prepping for the party. And guess what? My mom did an amazing job keeping the secret! She's got a little more edge than we thought! The best part was that my dad was actually surprised and everything worked out perfectly!

As we all know, I'm not much of a story teller. I could go into much greater detail, but that gives you the gist. Here are some pictures to tell the story in a little greater detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment