Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Too deep?

I try to stay away from posts that are too deep....not because I'm afraid of them, but because I like to keep my posts on the lighter side (most of the time).

With that said, I'm going to get deep here. Some of my girlfriends and I were talking about how life can sometimes be difficult (for some more than other) and how some very common phrases are often used to "justify" these difficulties. I'm sure you've heard them or used them before (I know I have). They are, "Everything happens for a reason" and "God won't give you more than you can handle."

They are nice phrases, but are they true? I honestly don't know. I believe that things happen in our lives so that God can carry out a plan. But here's where it gets difficult. How do you tell someone who is dying from cancer or dealing with sorrow that everything happens for a reason. Why is it happening to them? Is there a justifiable reason? There are so many unanswered questions to difficulties in life. And as long as we are here on earth, many of these questions will never get answered.

One of my favorite blogs as of late is this one. And I agree with her. Sometimes we are given more than we can handle....emotionally, physically, mentally.....

One of my favorite quotes is from Corrie Ten Boom - "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." And in times of difficulties, this holds true more than other. Trust in a God that will comfort us in our time of need. We may not know why things happen, but it's comforting to know that He will never leave us or forsake us.



1 comment: