Tuesday, December 16, 2014

New doctor...new plan

We visited our new doctor last Friday. I have to say that I was a little bit apprehensive because I had read some reviews that he was a bit cocky. Thankfully, I didn't get this feeling at all. While he definitely looks impressive on paper, he only talked about some of that to prove credibility, which I actually like. It's good to know that my doctor knows what he's talking about :).

I also felt like he cared more about Josh than our last doctor. He was a surgeon in the military and actually gave us $2000 off IVF....which sounds good until I tell you about the price later :).

So long story short, Josh and I are both going through many of the same processes that we've already been through (lots of blood being drawn, urine testing, and a semen analysis). Even though we've already done all this, sometimes important issues fall through the cracks so it's important for our new doctor to get their own results.

Now here's the tough part...the cost. Fresh embryo IVF transfer is $14,000. Day 5 embryo biopsy and 23 pair chormose assessment IVF is $20,000....yep, that's right - $20,000!! And that's the one we're going with. Being a saver, I argued with Josh on this one. While the $20,000 is more expensive, it's success rate is also about 75%. The $20,000 also includes another IVF transfer just in case the first one doesn't work. At this point, it seems like the best option for us. When Josh told me that he wanted to go with the $20,000 one, I looked at him and told him that this means he won't be getting a new truck that he's been wanting for years. Thankfully, he's a good husband and teased that he would just name our child Ford or Chevy.

So that's the update. Looks like we're moving forward and this may happen as soon as February! Josh, unfortunately is on orders for Drill so he most likely will be gone in March. I'm excited/nervous. We really need prayers right now. Prayers that everything will work out, we'll have a healthy baby, and if it doesn't work, that we'll be able to accept this and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment