Thursday, July 9, 2015

Next Steps

Josh and I just finished the profile part of our adoption paperwork. Although we have so much more to do (including a video profile and the home study), this still feels like a huge step for us. It was fun (and eyeopening) to write about ourselves to our birth mother. It was also very eyeopening and humbling to write her a letter. Birth mothers are so often shamed and looked down on when becoming pregnant and giving their baby up. But what people don't seem to understand is how hard this is for a birth mother. It's emotionally and physically draining and a very selfless act. I've started to pray for our future birth mother. I know she needs it.

I found this quote below and wanted to share it. I can't wait for those moments when all this waiting and dreaming is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment