Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Positive Attitudes

To be honest, I'm writing this blog post to be a reminder for myself. It's about having a positive outlook. One of the things that I really love about Josh is his positive outlook on life. Not only does it make him more pleasant to be around, he is also very successful because of it. I'm not saying that negative people can't be successful. I'm naturally negative and believe that I've done well in life. But to be honest, it's harder. Negative people have this voice in their head that is telling them that they can't do something...or they are constantly thinking that something might go wrong. It's a rough way to live...let me tell you. I could go on and on about this but let me move forward to the what I wanted to blog about today.

Sometimes I'll see people talk about their days and how "everything went wrong." They got up in the morning and spilled their coffee on their clothes, they forgot to save something at work and lost 3 pages of content, and someone hit their car as they were leaving work. Yes, this stuff happens and it sucks. Here's the thing. Generally, our lives are pretty easy going. For the most part we get through our days without much going wrong. But for some reason, we can't see the "good" in life. We only want to see the "bad." Have you ever stopped to watch your life and thought, "wow, that could have gone so wrong." It's amazing how many things go right when you do this. Maybe a car barely misses you at an intersection or maybe the torrential downpour held off until you got home. There are so many instances in our lives where we could sit back and see the good but for some reason, we only see the bad.

I've been really trying to focus on all the areas of my life where I can see God's protective hand. It's everywhere and it's actually very eyeopening when you're willing to watch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment