Thursday, September 3, 2015

Overdue Writing

I realize that it's been a while since I've blogged so I thought I would do a quick update on my life.

Things in Alabama are still as crazy as ever (and by crazy, I mean a super slow, quiet life). :) God definitely knew that I needed some Alabama in my life when He sent us here. I've told you all about my recent diagnosis of hypothyroidism. Well since then, I've done a ton of research on the topic. Apparently one of the things that can bring hypothyroidism on full force is stress. I probably have had it for a while, but the recent stress that I've been through was probably what made it rear its ugly head.

So putting me in a situation where I could chill out for a bit was probably the best thing I could do for my body. Along with this hypothyroidism is my gut issue (which is actually tied to hypothyroidism). I won't get into this too much, but I've completely cut out gluten and dairy from my diet and am trying to cut out sweats (but I'm definitely not perfect here). So yeah....eating is no longer fun for me.

As far as the adoption goes, we're still saving. Again, I can't stress how amazing our family and friends have been throughout this process. We've been so blessed with their monetary gifts! We've completed our adoption profile and video. The next step is the home study (and honestly, I'm kind of dreading this part).

So that about sums up our life! Josh is getting busy with flight school....so busy that he transformed our guest room into his personal study office. So sorry guys, no visitors here! :) He's also in SERE right now, which is three weeks of survival training. We've gone months without seeing each other and even about 1.5 weeks without talking but this is the first time we have to go 3 weeks with no communication. And we're only 4 days into it at this point......

No comments:

Post a Comment