Sunday, November 29, 2015

Too long

It's been way too long since I've blogged. So long that I just now realized that my blog backdrop just disappeared....great. I'm not fixing it - nobody's got time for that! :)

Things have been a bit of a whirlwind since September. Josh was in SERE (Army Survival Training) for 3 weeks so we weren't able to talk at all during that period. Crazy thing happened...I also found out I was pregnant while he was gone. We've been trying for 4.5 years and were basically told that it probably wouldn't happen to us so we had stopped trying and were adopting. It was the last thing I expected to happen! Obviously we are beyond excited for this new addition.

I do find that I still struggle with trust though (imagine that). The first three months, I wouldn't let myself get too excited because I was so scared something would happen to the pregnancy. Even though we're at 15 weeks now, I still have a hard time with this. I am so thankful for every ounce of blessing God has given us, yet I still find myself becoming scared that something bad will happen. Why can't I just relax and trust God that everything will work out?! I'm a work in progress. Thank God that he is a gracious forgiving God! Thank God that he blesses us beyond what we could ever deserve despite my issues!

There's so much that I'd like to say about this pregnancy but I'm going to keep this post fairly short. I'm going to leave with some pictures that were taken when I announced the pregnancy to Josh. This will always be such a fun, special memory. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment