Thursday, July 26, 2012

Some interesting facts...about money.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of my uptight, money-saving self. I'm a strict budgeter. And by strict, I mean that I detail each penny we spend on a spreadsheet (usually on a daily basis). I only allow a specific amount to be spend each month (which isn't very much) and once we've reached that amount, we can't go over. Thankfully, this has allowed Josh and I to save quite a bit through the years.

All that to say, I've been spending 1/4 of the amount we spent on food before Josh deployed. 1/4 people!! Either my husband is a man and eats a lot or.....no, it's definitely that he's a man. :) I'm hoping to be better at planning out meals and making lunches every day so that we can save even more when Josh returns. I'll admit, I don't have a lot of patience for food shopping or meal planning (and especially for cooking), but I'll do it if it means our monthly numbers will go down.

In other news, I hurt my IT band while running and now I'm a frustrated, sad runner. I want to run this marathon so bad, but my injury might prevent me from doing this. I just made an appointment with a physical therapist so hopefully this can be taken care of soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment