Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Vicious Cycle

For us, deployments come on even years. I wish I was exagerating here...

Josh was gone in 2008 (that wasn't a deployment, but training for 5 months). He was deployed the end of 2009-2010, 2012, and 2014. Yep, that means we get a year on and a year off.

He just left for his 2014 deployment.  I'm surprisingly calm about this one. I keep thinking that maybe it just hasn't sunk in. Don't get me wrong, I miss him terribly. But so far, things have been running pretty smoothly. Now here comes the embarrasing part....we're only 2 days in :). Now you can see why things have not been that bad! I'm dreading the next nine months, but I'm also hoping it will be a time where I can grow. Grow spiritually, grow as a wife, grow healthier.....etc. It's up to us to make a good situation out of a bad one...and trust me, I'm going to try my hardest!

I say things are easy now, but I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to this week. This will be the first real week without Josh. I'll have to get used to going to the gym by myself, cooking by myself, and going to bed by myself. I'll have to deal with two dogs that always seem to act out when Josh is gone (I'm not kidding....they're like little human beings)! And lastly, I'll have to deal with the possibility of a negative test on Thursday. Thursday will be two weeks since we did our second IUI. I keep telling myself that I'm ok...but we'll see. I'm somewhat sad already because I don't feel pregnant...at all! But at the same time, I do have some peace with this one.

On Thursday, I'll blog again. I hope it's a good blog :).

 Moments before we said "see you later"

 At Bourbon Brothers the night before they deployed 
(with our friends Ashley and Roshan)


No comments:

Post a Comment