Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Maybe I need to stay off facebook....

I've been telling myself this for years now! And the older I get, the more I think this. This weekend I learned about three new pregnancies on facebook. And like I've said a million times before, as much as I'm happy for them, it does make me sad. Simply because I want that same excitement.

Here comes a little rant.... One of the things that really bothers me from my mother friends is the "mother posts." These posts usually include sharing an article that someone else has written...and every once in a while it's their own post. They're the "You're not a mom so you don't know" kind of posts. There's tons of them out there. "You're not a mom so you don't understand my life" or "You're not a mom so you can't judge me" or "You're not a mom so we can't be friends." Ok, I made that last one up but that's basically what they're saying. As someone who would love to be a mom, these posts really offend me. They judge the non-mother type and put them down. They treat them like they're clueless and not as good of a person. I know that my friends aren't intentionally saying this, but this is how I read them. I'm sorry I'm not a mother. I'm sorry I don't know what it's like to be up at all hours of the night taking care of a baby. But you have no idea how bad I want that! You're not a better person than I am for being a mother.

Told you there was going to be a rant. I may just be a little emotional today :). But in all honesty, I wish more people would be a little more sympathetic. Be careful what you say because you have no idea what others are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment