Sunday, May 11, 2014

Why Mother's Day is Hard

I'm not really the jealous type. I'm pretty good at separating my life from others' lives. Even though we may not have as much as others, I feel extremely blessed with what God has given us (granted, I'm better at this some days than others).

But when it comes to others' children, I struggle. And Mother's Day has been one of the hardest days for me the last 3 years. I don't want to make this about myself in any way. I have the best mother and mother-in-law out there. I'm so blessed in both of those areas. But it always brings up my longing for children. It seems like everyone I know is now a mother. Just this morning, I get on facebook and see even more pregnancy announcements. I'm so happy for those people, but it just brings up a pain in my own heart.

During this infertility journey, one of my goals was to not become that person who shuts off the world due to the hurt she is feeling. So many infertile women do this. They won't go to baby showers or see friend's children because they can't deal with the pain. I won't allow myself to become that person. But at some time, I have to admit that I am human and I do feel pain. And yes, I'm jealous at times. I want to be a mother so bad.

So on this Mother's Day, I'm so grateful for the wonderful mothers in my life and long for that day when I can experience the same joy of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment