Saturday, May 10, 2014

Note from an Army Wife

We're three months into this deployment. On one hand, I'm happy it seemed to go by fast. On the other hand, it went by way too slow and I'm ready to be done with this deployment. This is my third time doing this but it doesn't get any easier. Josh and I have been married for 5 years (in a few months) and he's been deployed three of those years. It's incredibly frustrating. It's so hard to grow when your only communication is instant messaging and occasional skype calls.

Something I've learned this deployment is that this time away is the perfect time for me to work on myself. Even though Josh and I can't spend quality time together, I can work on becoming a better wife to him. I'm determined to grow even though we're thousands of miles apart.

I'm worn out. I'm tired of doing everything myself. I'm lonely and I miss him terribly. But I am grateful that Josh loves me through it all. Now that we have a house, I have to deal with broken things. So far he's helped me fix the air conditioner and a hose faucet all the way from Afghanistan! It's comforting to know that he's still there for me no matter how far away he is.

This is just a vent. I'll be better. And hopefully the next six months fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment