Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas blessings

We had a wonderful time spending the last few days at my parent's house. We were able to have the entire family (all 19 of us) together on Christmas eve. It always gets a bit overwhelming for me (you would never know I'm from a big family by this) but catching up with family and playing with all my nieces made it worth it.

 Holding my sweet niece, Avery
 Playing an exciting game of Pictionary
 Silly faces with Addie


Another Christmas blessing came in the form of money. Josh and I don't like to ask for money...in fact, I've thought about setting up a crowd funding account multiple times for the cost of our IVF but have never been able to go through with it. On Christmas day, two sweet people (who would like to remain anonymous) gave us a check to help fund our upcoming IVF. It's a lot of money...something that I know they don't just have laying around. They'll never know how much of a blessing this is to us.

This year, I'm so thankful for God's provisions. We may not have gotten everything we wished for, but God has blessed us far more than we will ever deserve. Most importantly, he kept Josh safe through another deployment and continued to grow our marriage through separation. All in all, 2014 has been a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment