Saturday, January 17, 2015

Don't ignore your blessings

That may be a strange title but it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I think that most of us are generally glass half empty kind of people. When things are going well, we tend to go on with life but as soon as something doesn't go well, we become negative, depressed, or whatever it might be. Lately, I've been thinking about the direction our lives have been going...why certain things have or have not happened. I think if we fail to notice that God is working in our lives, that we can miss so many blessings.

For example, we recently had some good friends come into our lives. These friends are at the same process we are with infertility and are going through the IVF process two months before us. As much as I wish this wasn't difficult for them, it has been a blessing to be able to go through this process with other people who understand...who we can vent to and share joys with.

We were also blessed with money recently that paid for all of our medications. These IVF medications are not cheap! I worry about money...this is no secret. Two things have happened recently where I feel like God is telling me to relax. I got a raise at work that will actually cover most of the monthly payments for one of the IVF loans we recently took out. AND Josh just found out that he was chosen for Warrant yesterday! Not only is this a dream come true for him, but it will help us out financially. By the way, I'm so proud of him and how much he has accomplished!

So...we're moving forward with this IVF process and I'm feeling so much more at peace. My retrieval is schedule for January 29. This is the "surgery" when they remove my eggs. Since I have a low AMH level, it's harder to produce eggs. My prayers are that we can produce multiple so that we can hopefully make at least one good embryo. Obviously God is in control and I'm thankful that He's shown that to us over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment