Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 1 - Complete!

Well, we just finished our first week of hormonal craziness. I was taking two injections every night and up to four injections every morning. As you can imagine, that's not exactly fun...physically or emotionally. We also had daily trips up to Denver for ultrasounds and bloodwork. Because of these doctor's visits, I had to work over lunch and past quitting time at work in order to make up time. Let's just say, it was an exhausting week.

Thankfully, I have a wonderful, supportive husband who gets up with me, mixes all my medications, and drives me to Denver so I don't have to do that trip by myself. Speaking of wonderful husbands, we celebrated his birthday/being accepted into flight school last weekend with a fancy dinner at the Briarhurst (picture below).

The good news is that everything is on track. Currently I have about 5 follicles that are growing at a good rate. One of them is a bit further a long than the rest so they're trying to slow that one down by upping my Menopur injections. Funny story....Josh and I actually met a pharmacist that works in Denver in a Colorado Springs shopping center so that he could give us our drugs. Long story short, we ran out of Menopur and needed it immediately. Thankfully, this pharmacist lives in Colorado Springs and was willing to meet us somewhere. Still...it's a bit strange meeting a random guy in a parking lot at 9:00pm on a Friday night to pick up drugs.

Next week is our egg retrieval. I'm excited/hopeful!

Date night with my hubby

 One week's injections - we actually ended up adding to this supply
 The fun process of pinching skin and giving myself shots
 This is about $400 of medication...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment