Friday, February 20, 2015

Words that I may not be the best at expressing

I'm a lot like my dad. And I'm pretty proud of that...although, one area that I may not be so proud of is my lack of communication. My parents used to make fun of me when I was growing up because they would ask me how my day was and my response was always, "fine." I sound like your typical guy, right? Well when it comes to communication, I'm definitely the male in my marriage. It's actually the running joke around our house. Thankfully God gave me a husband who is opposite and is amazing at expressing his feelings and trying to pull information out of me.

I'm so thankful for Josh. And I don't say that enough. There are so many little things about him that I love. I love how he makes dinner for me almost every night. I love it when I tell him I've had a bad day and I come home to a glass of wine and cheese covered chips (my favorites)! I love how he meets me at the gym after work even after he's already worked out for the day. I love how he tucks his hand under my leg at night and touches his foot to mine while we sleep. I love how he adores me even when I wake up crabby...every.single.morning. I love watching him laugh and interact with other people in a group setting - and I love how genuinely nice he is. I love that he's both manly and sensitive. I love how he's honest with me when I'm not treating him well and tells me to stop (believe it or not, I need that and appreciate it).

I could go on and on. But I'll keep it short for today :).

No comments:

Post a Comment